Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Anchors Away Freezer Print Tee

Hi friends! It's been awhile but I am back to show you my latest DIY project. I tried freezer paper stenciling... and it lived up to all the hype. Fun and easy... if you follow the directions (see below). This is actually my second freezer paper project, but I have had to keep the first one a secret...for now :)


What is freezer paper stenciling, you say? You use freezer paper to make a stencil and paint it on fabric. I painted the gold anchor on the Old Navy orange striped t-shirt. I used this tutorial to cut the stencil with my Silhouette Cameo machine, this tutorial for the whole process, and some of these tips too.

PLEASE MAKE SURE that you put some paper or something in between the layers of your shirt. The first time I made this anchor shirt I forgot that step and made a huge mess. I had to go back to Old Navy and luckily they had one last shirt in my size.

ALSO, I would recommend 100% cotton. I used 100% cotton on my first secretive project and it worked like a dream. This shirt was a cotton-polly blend and didn't work as well. The shirt was too strechy and didn't stay put under the stencil.



Old Navy jacket and sandals, Aeropostale pants
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger